If you are interested to install your own WordPress blog?
Do you know 25% Websites in the world are installed on the most widely used self-hosted blogging Wordpress platform?
To get started with Wordpress is quite easy and simple, and if you want to install Wordpress on your own hosting account with us, we have a simple install for you.
Besides being able to install WordPress with FTP, you can also use the Cpanel to install WordPress in a way that is similar to Install WordPress on Hostgator cPanel.
Easiest and quickest way to Install and manage on shared hosting for Wordpress is using "QuickInstall script installer" which automatically downloads and installs Wordpress within few clicks, and you don’t need to Installing manually to create your blog. Here are the quick step-by-step guidelines for newbie to get started to install Wordpress on Hostgator hosting cPanel within 5 minutes. Hostgator offers unlimited hosting and bandwidth package for your Wordpress, and I suggest you to pick Baby Plan which cost only $6.96/month. Click Hostgator on their official page for more information.
Step-by-Step guidelines for newbie to install Wordpress on Hostgator:
In most circumstances, installing Wordpress is one of the easiest & simple process that takes five minutes to complete your Wordpress site will be up.
Step 1. Before you installing Wordpress, you will need a domain name and web hosting, website name is also known as domain name. You can purchase it from godaddy.com or some other domain provided by company. After a successful purchase hosting and domain in Hostgator, the next step is how to install WordPress via cPanel. Here's the tutorial.
Sign-Up Link for Hostgator.com
Step 2. At first, go to Hostgator website and click on ‘Get Started Now!‘ button. After Purchasing web hosting from Hostgator, it provides cPanel (Control Panel) account ID and password to log into their hosting customers. At First, Login to cPanel by typing your domain name followed by a slash (/) and then type cPanel like this: Domainname.com/cpanel. After that, you'll find the login page. Please enter your username and password contained in the email as the previous tutorial.
Step 3. After you’ve logged in to cPanel, you will find cPanel dashboard pages, each of which have different functions and features.On the dashboard, or page, please Scroll down and you can found Services/Software section and click on QuickInstall button.
Step 4. After landed on QuickInstall page, you click "Wordpress" link as shown below under blog software category on left side. Once you click on it, you will get a quick latest Wordpress version to install, size and other info.
Step 5. You will bring a screen as shown above where you need to enter your domain name, enter your admin email address, Site title, your first and last name. Make sure to add a valid email address. It will appear as shown below. Information:
1. Choose Protocol: Protocol you want to use, available http: //, http: // www., Https: // and https: // www. For the selection of the most widely used please select the default http: //.
2. Choose Domain: Select the domain you want to use to install WordPress. If you have more than one domain in 1 hosting, it would appear more domain options.
3. In Directory: If you want to install WordPress in another directory, please fill out as you see fit. For example if you fill the directory with the name "blog" then WordPress will be installed and accessed on namadomainAnda.com/blog, if only want to install without a directory or on your primary domain only, please clear the option.
4. Table Prefix: Table which will be used in the Database (Let it default).
5. Site Name: The name of your site.
6. Site Description: The description of your site.
7. Enable Multisite (WPMU): Option to turn on your WordPress multisite, this option is rarely switched on, so do not be unchecked.
8. Admin Username: username to login on WordPress dashboard.
9. Admin Password: password to login to the WordPress dashboard.
10. Admin Email: Your email that will be used for the installation of WordPress, and is used to reset the password if you forget.
11. Select Language: The choice of language in which you want to use WordPress.
12. Limit Login Attempts: Plug-ins to be installed automatically on WordPress that serves to limit the number of login attempts if you enter a username or password.
13. Select Themes: If you want to install WordPress along with the Theme please select the theme you want, if not just ignore these options.
14. Email instalation details to: Please enter your email if you want to receive detailed information about the installation of WordPress you do
15. Now simply fill-up the form properly to get started with your install. Check the following instructions.
Step 6. Then Click Install Now button, it will take few minutes to complete the setup and your Wordpress blog will be installed on Hostgator server.
Once the installation process is finished you can access default login page of your Wordpress dashboard by going to “http://domain.com/wp-admin.php” (Replace DomainName.com with your actual domain name). You can enter admin and your password to log on the WP dashboard and start blogging.
Since you have understood the installation of Wordpress. It’s time for now to configure your Wordpress blog.
If you liked this article, you can also catch us on facebook and Google+.
Essential tutorials after you have installed WordPress
• How To Install WordPress Theme
• How To Register Your Website Domain Name With GoDaddy
• How to Install WordPress Plugin