• The text that allows non-sequential access through hyper link is called as “hyper text”.
• Protocol http defines set of rules that are required to pass hyper text between browser to server and server to browser.
• Http is application level protocol that runs over network level protocol TCP/IP.
• HTTP is a application level protocol that runs over network level protocol called TCP/IP having set of rules to get communication between browser window and web server.
• Application level protocols defines set of rules that are required to get communication between two softwares or software applications.
Ex. HTTP, JDBC:ODBC, JDBC:Oracle, SMTP and etc…
• Network level protocol defines set of rules to get communication between two physical computers of network.
• When browser window generates request to web application the request contains multiple details given by browser window. We can remember this details h2p2 details.
https://ecomputernotes.com:2020/project/test1?sno=101 & sname=thakur (query string)
http request method (GET/POST/…..)
http request headers (user-agent, accept language, …..)
path of the requested web resource program (project/test1)
request parameters (query string) (s no=101 & s name=thakur)
Generating http request with above set details is the responsibility of browser window.
Block diagram of http request:
An example of http request: