Types of e – commerce:-
Business to customer (B to C):-It means the consumer is motivated by business.
B to C working
1. visiting the virtual mall- customer visits the mall by browsing the outline catalogue.
2. customer registers- customer has to register to become part of the site’s shopper registry
3. customer buys product.
4. merchant processes the order- the merchant then processes the order that is received from the previous stage & fills up the necessary forms.
5. credit card is processed:- credit card of the customer is authenticated thorugh a payment gateway or a bank.
6. shipment & delivery:- the product is then shipped to customer.
7. customer receives:- the product is received by customer and is verified.
8. After sales service:- after sale, the firm wants to maintains a good relationship with its customers. It is called CRM customer relationship management.
2. Business to business (B to B):- this is called as a business motivated by another business.
B2B is classified as:-
1. market place:- a digital electronic market place where suppliers and commercial purchasers can conduct transactions.
2. e – distributors:- a company that suppliers products and services directly to individual business.
3. B2B service provider:- it is a company that aells access to internet based software application to another companies.
4. infomediary:- a company whose business model is premised upon gathering information about customers & selling it to other businesses.
3. Consumer to business (C to B):- a business motivated by a customer.
The various C2B classified into:-
1. idea collectors:- consumers generally have a great idea about how to improve the existing products and what new features can be added to new products. E.g. ideas.com
2. reverse auctions:- it allow prospective airline travelers to visit the website and name their price for traval between only pair of city. If an airline is willing to issue a ticket at there price, the passenger is obligated to buy.
3. Consumer to consumer (C to C):-
In this type, a consumer is motivated by another consumer. Consumers sells directly to other consumers via online classified ads and auctions, or by selling personal services or expertise online. E.g. ebay.com