In Excel 2010, adding a comment to a cell makes it easier to understand what the cell’s purpose is, what input it should accept, and so on. It helps in accurate documentation. Select a cell and perform any of the actions listed below to add a comment to it.
- Select Review » Comments » New Comment from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the cell and select Insert Comment from the drop-down menu.
- Press Shift+F2 on your keyboard.
A comment is initially composed of Computer’s user name. For the cell comment, you must change it with text.
As listed below, you can change the comment you previously entered.
- Go to the cell where the comment appears and select it.
- Right-click the cell and select Edit Comment from the drop-down menu.
- Make a change to the comment.
For comments, there are a variety of formatting choices. Right-click on a cell » Edit comment » to format a comment. Choose a comment » Right-click it » Format comment. You may adjust the color, font, scale, and other aspects of a comment’s formatting.