A user remotely located must be first authenticated before accessing the network or Intranet of an organization. The authentication procedures must be built into the firewall applied to the network or Intranet for the security measures. The procedures to validate remote login or access have been described in the following lines along with their comparison and features: [Read more…] about Security against Remote Access
VPN (Virtual Private Network) Definition: VPN meaning that it is a private point-to-point connection between two machines or networks over a shared or public network such as the internet. A Virtual Private Network is a combination of software and hardware. VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology, can be use in organization to extend its safe encrypted connection over less secure internet to connect remote users, branch offices, and partner private, internal network. VPN turn the Internet into a simulated private WAN. [Read more…] about What is VPN (Virtual Private Network)? Definition
To encrypt a file or other information stored in a computer means to convert it into a secret code so that it can’t be used or understood until it is decoded or decrypted. You might want to encrypt a file if it contained a secret formula for a new invention, or some financial plans that your competitors would love to know about in advance. When you encrypt something, the computer will ask you to set up a password. After that, no one will be able to make sense of the information unless they have the same password. [Read more…] about What is Data Encryption? Process and Types of Encryption
Internet provides a two-way flow of traffic that may be undesirable in many organizations where some information may concern exclusively within the organization or for Intranet. Intranet is a TCP/IP network that is modeled after the Internet that only works within the organization. In order to delineate information meant only for the benefit of the organization or its Intranet and the other open to all or meant for Internet, some sorts of security measures need to be employed to control two-way flow of traffic. The measure known, as firewall is simply used for this purpose. [Read more…] about FIREWALL: Explain Types of Firewall Architectures
Network security is a broad topic with multilayered approach. It can be addressed at the data link layer, network layer and application layer. The issues concerned are: packet intrusion and encryption, IP packets and routing tables with their update version, and host-level bugs occurred at data link layer, network layer and application, respectively. [Read more…] about What is Network Security? Explain Basic Requirements of Network Security.
• Signature is the proof to the receiver that the document comes from the correct entity. The person who signs it takes the responsibility of the content present in the document. [Read more…] about Digital Signatures- What is Digital Signatures?
• Security Hash Algorithm (SHA) was developed in 1993 by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and National Security Agency (NSA). [Read more…] about SHA-1 – What is Secure Hash Algorithm-l (SHA-1)?
• Cryptography is a technique to provide message confidentiality.
• The term cryptography is a Greek word which means “secret writing”. [Read more…] about Cryptography – What is Cryptography?
Network security can provide the following services related to a message and entity. [Read more…] about Network Security Services– What is Network Security Services?
• Computer Security means to protect information. It deals with prevention and detection of unauthorized actions by users of a computer. [Read more…] about Network Security – What is Network Security Threats?
A firewall is a device installed between the internet network of an organization and the rest of Internet. When a computer is connected to Internet, it can create many problems for corporate companies. Most companies put a large amount of confidential information online. Such an information should not be disclosed to the unauthorized persons. Second problem is that the virus, worms and other digital pests can breach the security and can destroy the valuable data. [Read more…] about What is Firewall?